Today, publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Iron Wolf Studio announced that Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter is available now worldwide via Steam Early Access for PC.
No matter whether you are an experienced sim expert or a genre beginner, the historically correct destroyer simulation offers an exciting and authentic experience during the infamous Battle of the Atlantic during World War II.
World War II underwater
Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter is an innovative genre-bending destroyer simulation that faithfully simulates the combat of escort groups protecting Allied convoys against German U-boats in the Battle of the Atlantic. Players take control of a Fletcher-class destroyer, putting them in charge of all the critical tasks of a fleet.
Certain tasks can be automated to focus on what's important, but all actions can also be performed manually. These include, for example, identifying enemy ships, analyzing their expected route and positioning and commanding their own forces to intercept and attack the enemy. Thus, players immerse themselves in the full spectrum of anti-submarine warfare.
Destroyer combines the thrill of commanding a submarine with the tactical challenge of leading an entire escort squad protecting convoys from the merciless packs of Metal Gray Wolves. The game is designed to offer something for all fans of realism and immersion, while also being an exciting experience for those new to the genre. Whether they're seasoned military simulation specialists or young captains, they'll experience a cinematic portrayal of naval warfare and feel the thrill of the hunt!
Some of the key game features:
- Procedurally generated battles with randomized weather, time of day, and enemy attack patterns, allowing for almost infinite battle scenarios.
- A highly detailed model of a Fletcher-class destroyer with five stations meticulously recreated in state-of-the-art 3D: the bridge, the operations center, the sonar room, the fire control center and the lookout.
- More than 300 voice recordings from professional voice actors, naval academy cadets and US Navy experts offer an incomparable feel and a high degree of realism.
- A total of ten different battle stations, which cover the main tasks of a submarine hunt group. Each station has the most important instruments and devices that will give you the decisive advantage over the enemy.
- Four different convoy battle configurations (small, medium, large and custom).
- A dark, atmospheric soundtrack featuring four multi-faceted musical tracks that dynamically adapt to the suspenseful confrontations between you and the enemy.
- Diverse personality profiles of submarine captains: aggressive, sneaky, patient or cold-blooded - and each of them has an ace up their sleeve.
Destroyer: The U-Boat Hunter is available now for PC via Steam Early Access.
|Pegasus Spiele 57006G - SUBMARINE - The Board Game *||189,00 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 1.12.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API