Supermassive Games and 2K invite you to a camp worth dying for in new horror game The Quarry, due out on June 10th. Will Byles and the award-winning Supermassive Games team behind Until Dawn may bring the teen horror experience of summer 2022.
2K and Supermassive Games today announced The Quarry, an all-new narrative teen horror game in which the decisions players make, big and small, as the game progresses determine where the path leads and who ends up alive to complete the story tell. The highlight: Actors known from films and series lend their faces to the virtual characters. Above all, there is one who should not be missing when the word teen horror is mentioned somewhere: David Arquette.
Summer vacation at Camp Horror
As the sun sets on the last day of summer camp, the leaders at Hackett's Quarry get ready to celebrate one more time. No children. No adults. No rules.
The teens' party schedule turns into an unpredictable night of horror when bloodied locals and something far, far worse prey on them. Jokes and flirtation give way to life-or-death decisions as relationships form or crumble under the unimaginable pressure.
You play as each of the nine caretakers in an immersive cinematic narrative, where your choices weave an individual story from a web of possibilities. Each character can become the main character before the new day dawns. Which story will unfold?
Key Features of The Quarry:
- PLAYERS DECIDE HOW CHARACTERS ACT. Are they investigating what's beyond the trapdoor, or what's beyond the echoes of the forest's screams? Do they save each other or do they desperately run for their lives? Even the smallest decision you make shapes the story and determines who survives and gets to tell it in the end.
- A BREATHTAKING CINEASTIC EXPERIENCE. State-of-the-art face capture and cinematic lighting combined with incredible performances by top Hollywood actors bring the horror of Hackett's Quarry to life in an adrenaline-pumping, cinematic rollercoaster ride.
- FEEL THE FEAR WITH FRIENDS. If you want, you can place your destiny in the hands of up to seven friends online*, with invited players watching and voting on important decisions so that you write a story together! Or you play with others in a party horror couch co-op, where everyone chooses a character and controls their actions.
- CUSTOMIZATION. The level of difficulty, which can be adjusted for all game elements, teaches players of all levels to fear and those who prefer to watch rather than play themselves can binge-watch The Quarry in film mode as a cinematic thriller. You choose how the story continues, then enjoy your popcorn when you're not yelling!
"The Quarry breaks new ground in interactive storytelling and technology with a truly emotional teen horror experience," said director Will Byles. "I'm very excited to see how the players will decide in the game who they will save and who they will sacrifice!"
"Because The Quarry is an interactive narrative, this title is very different from anything 2K has come up with before," said David Ismailer, President of 2K. “We partnered with Supermassive Games because the team is the very best and we are huge fans of the studio. It's not often that you get the opportunity to work with the greatest creative minds in our industry, so we're particularly excited to be able to embark on this journey with The Quarry.”
The impressive cast is made up of Hollywood stars and celebrities, including David Arquette (“Scream” franchise), Ariel Winter (“Modern Family”), Justice Smith (“Jurassic World”), Brenda Song (“Dollface”), Lance Henriksen ("Aliens"), Lin Shaye ("A Nightmare on Elm Street") and more.
The Quarry will be released on June 10, 2022 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Windows PC via Steam. The title is approved by the USK for ages 18+. The game can be pre-ordered.
As part of today's announcement, 2K and Supermassive Games have also released the official announcement trailer for The Quarry, showcasing the game's graphical and cinematic quality while providing a first glimpse of the all-star cast:
* = affiliate link. If you purchase via one of the links, we receive a portion of the purchase price as a commission. There are no additional costs for you, but you can support our portal by doing so. Last updated on September 21.09.2023, XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. Images from Amazon PA API.