The new Stellaris expansion Overlord will be released on May 12, 2022: Paradox Interactive celebrates Stellaris sixth birthday with a new expansion and a free update.
Paradox Interactive today announces the release of the next full expansion for Stellaris on May 12th on all PC versions. Overlord will give players access to new features focused on more complex management of their intergalactic empires. From specialized minions to powerful new megastructures, Overlord offers players many exciting ways to lead their galactic empire. Overlord will be available for a suggested retail price of €19,99.
Stellaris: Free Update 3.4 "Cepheus"
The free update 3.4 "Cepheus" for Stellaris will be released at the same time as the Overlord expansion. This update includes new content and customization for all players created by the Stellaris Custodian Team. Both are being released in time to celebrate with the community the sixth anniversary of Stellaris, originally released in May 2016.
The features of the Overlord expansion:
The rulers make the rules: With new mechanics for vassals, the roles for additional subjects can be defined - players can create new specialized empires to grow into economic superpowers, military specialists and technological creators. They negotiate or demand treaties and agreements between their vassals to determine the future of dozens of worlds, and reap the benefits!
The brightest star must lead them: Players can locate and reunite shattered empires! In the vast galaxies they encounter other unique enclaves, from mysterious Shroudwalkers to militaristic mercenaries and wily salvage workers. They can be used to forge mutually beneficial relationships in order to earn their unique services, or they can be forcibly subjected to one's rule.
Five New Origins:
- Imperial fiefdom – Starting as a specialized ruler, you may one day rule the entire galaxy.
- With the slingshot to the stars – The decayed remains of a quantum catapult have been discovered nearby - what mysteries might be revealed if you're clever enough to reactivate them?
- underground – A species adapted to life underground, excelling in mining and archeology. Now it's time to see what awaits them far, far above the surface!
- Instructor of the Shroud – Through evolving in contact with the curious psykers known as the Shroudwalkers, your own empire has learned a great deal about mind expansion!
- Progenitor Hive – With the right leadership, the Empire of the Hivemind can achieve more than ever before... but without the right leadership, the Hive will collapse.
Planning for the future and demonstrations of power:
- New technological feats give the Empire the edge it needs to become the dominant force across the galaxy.
- Orbital Rings expand influence (as well as defense capabilities) and increase demonstrations of power from your planet farther into space.
- Hyper-Relays allow your fleets to get their way faster than ever before.
- Quantum catapults offer players new ways to react faster in the galaxies while simultaneously projecting the Force, although it is a perilous journey for the fleet with no way back.
There are also four new tracks to inspire you to rise to greatness.
Last updated on 26.09.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API