2K and Supermassive Games today announced The Quarry, an all-new narrative teen horror game from Supermassive Games and the award-winning team behind Until Dawn, is available now worldwide on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Windows PC is available through Steam.
The narrative game from 2K and Supermassive Games, the team behind Until Dawn, asks you to make decisions - you know it from teen horror films. And that's why you know as a cineaste: Most of the time, these decisions are not particularly clever. Intervene in The Quarry, the new horror video game from Supermassive and 2K.
All-round blow in the horror genre: well-known actors
The Quarry follows a group of nine teens stranded as caregivers on the last day of Hackett's Quarry summer camp. Featuring a cast of Hollywood stars and horror legends, including David Arquette (“Scream”), Ariel Winter (“Modern Family”), Justice Smith (“Jurassic World”), Brenda Song (“Dollface”), Lance Henriksen ( “Aliens”), Lin Shaye (“Insidious”), Ted Raimi (“Creepshow”) and many more, players can take on the role of each of the nine characters and through their choices create a compelling cinematic story from a tangled web of possibilities. Everyone can become the star of the show - or die before the new day dawns.
“It's been almost seven years since we released our last teen horror game. Now, with The Quarry, we're taking interactive storytelling even further, taking full advantage of the leaps in technology that have occurred since then,” commented Will Byles, director at Supermassive Games. “The Quarry shows us the choices we would make when faced with the unthinkable and unimaginable. I can't wait to see what stories come out of this!"
"The team at Supermassive Games has once again raised the bar for the interactive narrative genre," said David Ismailer, President of 2K. "The collaboration has been fantastic and combined with the incredible cast and extremely compelling story, we're able to offer fans one of the most nerve-wracking teen horror rollercoaster rides of the summer."
In addition to The Quarry launching today, a free trial of the game is now available on all platforms. The trial version includes The Quarry's Prologue, which sets the setting for the game's harrowing events and gives players a taste of what's to come.
The Quarry offers numerous captivating features:
- Fateful decisions. See what's behind the trapdoor? Want to track down the screams echoing out of the forest? Save friends or run for your own life? Every decision, no matter how small, shapes the story and determines who survives and can tell it.
- A cinematic experience. State-of-the-art face capture and cinematic lighting combined with incredible performances by top Hollywood actresses bring the horror of Hackett's Quarry to life in an adrenaline-pumping, cinematic rollercoaster ride.
- Feel the fear with friends. Players can place their destiny in the hands of up to 15 friends online, with invited players watching and voting on key decisions so the story is written together! You can also play with others in party horror couch co-op, where everyone chooses a character and controls their actions.
- Customizable gaming experience. The difficulty level, which can be adjusted for all game elements, teaches players of all levels the fear. For those who prefer to watch rather than play, The Quarry can be binge-watched in movie mode as a cinematic thriller. Players can choose how the story continues and enjoy their popcorn when they're not screaming
The Quarry is available in two variants:
Priced at €59,99, The Quarry: Standard Edition is available in both physical and digital formats for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and digital for Windows PC via Steam. This version contains the complete game. Available in physical and digital form for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, The Quarry is priced at €69,99 and is optimized for next-gen consoles.
The Quarry: Deluxe Edition is available digital-only for PlayStation 69,99, Xbox One, and Windows PC via Steam for $4 and also digital-only for PlayStation 79,99 and Xbox Series X|S for $5 . The edition includes the full game, the Bloodbath Movie Mode option, instant access to the Death Rewind system, the Horror Graphic Filters Pack and 80s character outfits (automatic availability in-game according to the publisher no later than July 8th, 2022 ). In detail:
- Bloodbath Movie Mode: Players can simply start playback, sit back and enjoy the most gruesome splatter version of The Quarry. Plenty of death, severed limbs and buckets of blood await true splatterpunk fans in this brutal take on the movie mode.
- Instant Access to the Death Rewind System: Death Rewind is a retry mechanic that is normally only unlocked after the first playthrough of The Quarry. The story starts with three chances to undo the death of a playable character. This is an opportunity to change fate and save the character. Since there are only three retries, the question of who is really worth saving is very important. A wrong decision could only lead to greater suffering.
- Horror Graphic Filter Pack: Customize the look of The Quarry by choosing from three movie graphic filters, each with a different style and era of horror movies! Players can choose between a grainy 8mm film style (indie horror), a retro VHS look (80s horror), or the classic black and white filter (classic horror).
- 80's Character Outfits: Send the camp supervisors on a journey back in time! This Retro Pack contains new '80s themed cosmetic character outfits for The Quarry's playable characters. Note: According to 80K, the character outfits in the 2s look will be available in the game from July 8th at the latest.
The Quarry was developed by Supermassive Games and is rated 18+. There is also a release trailer for the new horror game The Quarry:
Last updated on 9.08.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API