Publisher 2K Games and developer Firaxis have announced Chimera Squad, an independent title in the XCOM series. Set five years after the events of XCOM 2, the game will be released on April 24 for Windows PC. And: the game is available for a short time at an introductory price of around ten euros.
Send in the Chimera team!
Our dedicated community is a great inspiration to us and we look forward to this opportunity to create a dynamic, innovative and unique XCOM experience for fans and new players with XCOM: Chimera Squad.
Steve Martin, President, Firaxis Games
With the release, fans get the opportunity to re-enter the XCOM game world. So that not only connoisseurs of the series are addressed, the developers have deliberately lowered the entry barriers. The stand-alone is therefore expressly aimed at newcomers who have not yet had any experience with XCOM.
The features of XCOM: Chimera Squad cut a fine figure on paper:
- Unique alien and human units: Each of the 11 units has its own personality and tactical skills, including species-specific attacks such as the Viper's tongue attack;
- Specialized and complementary class: the skillful use of matching units and cooperative actions leads to destructive combinations. The right team composition can make the difference between victory and defeat;
- Revised Tactical Combat: Missions are structured as a sequence of discrete, explosive encounters to increase the action and make it unpredictable;
- Advance Mode: With a new combat phase that plunges squads straight into the fray, players can change the battlefield in their favor. They can strategically assign their units to different access points and coordinate their attack plans with a wealth of special advance skills;
- Overlapping rounds: An automatic initiative system places individual units and enemies in an alternating order, creating new tactical opportunities. Players must take into account which unit is next in line and which unit is then most at risk;
- Tense strategy part: apart from the fighting, the players organize the operation of a high-tech headquarters and have to prioritize competing orders, investigations and unit assignments under the pressure of a relentlessly ticking clock. The steadily increasing unrest in the individual districts is driving City 31 ever further to the brink of total anarchy.
XCOM: Chimera Squad will be released on PC Steam on April 24th. The introductory offer is valid until May 7th and, according to 2K Games, should not be extended.
We search for news writers in the fields of gaming, books as well as films and series.
Do you want to participate? then > here. < click and apply.