Gambling has a history that goes back hundreds of years. During the long centuries of discussion of education, hobbies and rights, this was an incredibly sensitive issue. Because whether one was allowed to experience pleasure or whether playing with fate would be sinful and wrong, remained very contested for a long time. As I said, the reasons were not just that gambling can lead to addiction and money problems. Rather, it was about whether it was fundamentally right or wrong. The very fact that chance determines the result and whether there is any chance at all was in great conflict with religious views.
Start of sports betting after prohibitions
After all games of chance in Germany and the associated regions at the beginning of the 20th century, these laws dissolved at some point. To date, the situation in Europe has not been clarified, which is why many online casinos have their headquarters where they can develop and publish their machines without being disturbed. on this side for example you will find different casino offers that you can compare with each other.
Sports betting, on the other hand, is permitted and, above all, in the hands of the state. Under a state treaty, the government apparatus has given all citizens the right to bet on sporting events. Of course, that didn't mean reinventing the wheel: betting on sporting competitions was already made in ancient times. It first appeared in Germany at the beginning of the 19th century.
Development and popularity of sports betting
Even before World War I, sports betting was quite popular in Europe. Nowadays, of course, there are other ways of making such bets. Because the online casino has revolutionized accessibility. Instead of having to go to the branch, you can simply look at the betting tips from home and deal with forecasts.
That, of course, led to a big one popularity this type of bet. But the most important thing in this area is football. This has emerged as a clear favorite over the past few decades. While horse races were the focus in the past, ball sports are now more important. Between 80 and 90 percent of all bets are placed on soccer games. The reason for this is likely that many games are relatively predictable and you can bet fairly risk-free.
The 5 most popular sports
- As already mentioned it stands Football at the top of the list, of course. There are over 250 million active players worldwide who regularly take part in such bets. There are many special bets, such as goalscorers, number of goals and the like. Especially at big events like the Champions League, in the big European leagues or at National competitions the number of players increases.
- In second place is Tennis. A little more experience is probably required here and, under certain circumstances, some personal work. Because here mostly everything depends on one person. This has to be in good shape and so on. So staying up to date is not insignificant.
- Next up Basketball. There isn't much to say about that. There are different types of bets that can be used to develop a strategy.
- The fourth rank goes on Boxing. The top fights in particular are looked at and bets are placed on them. Nevertheless, this division remains rather small.
- The last sport on this list is Eishockey. In addition to live bets, various combination bets and special bets are possible there. So if you are a little more familiar, you will be well served here too.
Good tips for sports betting
As with all areas of gambling, you can only give limited tips when it comes to sports betting. The reason for this is obvious: Everything is based on chance, which is why almost every action or consideration remains without a changed result.
With sports betting, however, it's a little different: you can trust facts in a certain way. Quotas are made based on extensive analyzes and data collections. However, winning or losing is still less certain than the average payout percentage of a slot machine.
One important piece of advice is to invest your money in a diversified manner. If you bet on individual games and are particularly active in major competitions, you will be disappointed the fastest. Because we expect that we can change something in the result through our bets and thus ensure more profits. In the end, however, it is luck that decides the result and all players must be aware of this.
Important: stay up to date
In sports betting, many external circumstances influence the result. Failures of players, the weather and the current form or the balance of previous encounters must often be taken into account. It is therefore important to stay up to date and not just rely on the tips.