ASniper Elite 5, the latest installment in British indie publisher and developer Rebellion's popular shooter series, is out now on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 & 5 and PC via Steam and Windows Store available.
Sniper Elite 5, the latest installment in the popular shooter series, is available now on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 & 5 and PC via Steam and Windows Store. Developed by Rebellion, one of the world's most successful video game developers and publishers, the title offers a tactical sniper experience that is second to none. Players battle through the most immersive maps in series history, including numerous real-world locations captured in stunning detail
Loaded and unlocked
Sniper Elite 5 is set in France in 1944 around D-Day. War hero and elite sniper Karl Fairburne joins a US Rangers covert operation there aimed at weakening the Atlantic Wall fortifications on the Brittany coast. There he makes contact with the French resistance and he learns of a secret Nazi conspiracy that threatens to turn the war back in favor of the Nazis: Operation Krake. It is now up to Karl to uncover the plans of the Axis powers and thwart the plans of the Nazis and their mastermind, Abelard Möller, before they can be implemented.
Features of Sniper Elite 5:
- Extensive campaign - The real world locations have been captured using photogrammetry to create a vivid, immersive environment with multiple infiltration and extraction points. Side missions, hidden collectibles, and hit list objectives bring a whole new perspective to each mission. Players can tackle the Nazi conspiracy alone or with a partner. Improved co-op mechanics allow for swapping ammo and items, giving orders, and healing each other.
- Invasion mode and co-op - Players invade an opponent's campaign as an Axis sniper. A deadly game of cat and mouse ensues, offering a new level of challenge as players stalk their prey. Invasion mode can be turned on or off in the game menu. The entire campaign is also playable in two-player online co-op, where partners can share items and ammo, and revive each other.
- weapon modification - The workbenches hidden in the missions (there are three in each mission) allow players to customize and improve almost every aspect of their weapon. Scopes, stocks, barrels, magazines can be exchanged. Rifles, sub-weapons, and pistols have a wide range of options. In addition, the ammunition can be adjusted according to the target, from armor-piercing to non-lethal.
- Competitive multiplayer mode -Your character and equipment can be customized. Collect XP, medals and decorations in 16-player competitive battles that put players' marksmanship to the test. Those who prefer co-op can team up with up to 3 other players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.
- Full cross-play support - Crossplay enables a seamless gaming experience in co-op, invasion and competitive multiplayer with other players on all other platforms.
- Improved Kill Cam - More realistic and fierce than ever, the iconic X-ray kill cam returns, revealing the true extent of the destructive power of each shot. Bones deflect bullets in unpredictable ways and carve a new path through enemy bodies. SMGs and pistols can now also trigger the kill cam, which also shows multiple shots in dramatic slow motion. The frequency with which players see the kill cam can be adjusted in the game menu, including the ability to disable it entirely.
- Advanced gun play - When acquiring the target, it is important to consider the options for rifle stock and barrel, as well as gravity, wind and heart rate. For the first time in the series, sights are also available for SMGs and pistols.
- New freedom of movement - Karl can now zip line, slide down cliffs and shimmy along ledges to reach the perfect vantage point or sneak past sharp-eyed enemies. Enhanced climbing skills allow you to explore hidden areas on the game map and unlock alternative routes.
Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion, comments: “We are extremely proud of the release of Sniper Elite 5 and can't wait for players to get hands-on. The series is always evolving and the entire team at Rebellion has done a fantastic job of creating the best series installment yet. We're particularly proud of the new Invasion mode, which we think will become a real fan favorite. The excitement and added challenge that the invasions bring makes for an immersive experience like never before.”
Sniper Elite 5 is available now on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 & 5 and PC via Steam and Windows Store.
Last updated on 4.08.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API