In Insurmountable from ByteRockers' Games and publisher Daedalic Entertainment, players bravely face the frightening heights of three mighty mountains - now the climbing adventure gets a huge new update. The title gets a completely renewed metagame with side missions, a brand new story, new maps and much more. To celebrate the update, the game is available for free on the Epic Games Store until April 21st. The title is also available on Steam and GOG.com.
In Insurmountable, players face three dangerous peaks in search of the ultimate climbing challenge. As one of three playable climbers with different backstories, you must cope with the terrain, weather changes and wildly unpredictable procedurally generated events you encounter on your adventure. Every decision counts - therefore the right preparation is the be-all and end-all.
Insurmountable: Many features with update 2.0
With the update to version 2.0, the mountaineering experience has been expanded with a completely new meta-game. Players now not only have to climb the three main mountains, but also complete several side missions. Between missions, they can return to base, continue the story, manage their upgrades, and prepare their next climb.
The most important features of version 2.0:
- A brand new story awaits players. The three main characters are caught in a time warp caused by sinister experiments going on at the research station. In the course of a run, players fight their way out of the time warp and learn more about the mysterious background of the mountains.
- Base Camp - The base is an (almost) abandoned research facility in the mountain range. Here, players can choose their next mission, upgrade their equipment and skills, and decide which items to take with them.
- Climber Map - Located in the base camp, the map shows which missions are available, which have already been completed and which have not yet been unlocked.
- Preparation is everything - Upgrading and preparing for missions involves gaining knowledge in various areas such as items, characters, the terrain and the environment. How much knowledge you get depends on the mission. A player who, for example, has traveled a lot in dangerous terrain gets more terrain knowledge and can upgrade in this direction accordingly.
- Procedurally generated maps are an important part of version 2.0 as side missions rely heavily on this feature, giving players an even greater variety of mountains.
- New Feature: Tracking is important to find specific (procedurally distributed) points on the mountain. However, these are not visible - the player must first search and find them with the new tracking feature.
- The new and improved tutorial will be context-based, providing new players with information based on their progress.
- Balancing & in-game skills have been completely reworked.
Insurmountable is currently available on Steam, update 2.0 will be released on April 14th. At the same time, the game will also appear on GOG and the Epic Game Store - the title will also be free on the EGS for a limited time.
Last updated on 3.08.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API