Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven today release Prison Architect: Gangs, the seventh expansion for the hit prison management simulator. Gangs introduces the element of gang warfare and adds another layer of mayhem.
Players must control their prison and keep it "boiling point" by reforming gang members and overseeing your staff. Prison Architect: Gangs is available for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch for €5,99 (RRP).
Gang warfare and advanced rehabilitation programs are available
Players set rules for inmates to follow and help gang members grow into useful members of society. As gangs form in the penitentiary, each group develops its own personality and reputation. As a result, inmates with certain personality traits are attracted to gangs with similar characteristics. Players must also watch out for the "temperature" of their prison, which gets hotter and more dangerous the more active the gangs are.
In order to limit gang activities in your prison, players should introduce methods of reforming and releasing inmates. They use programs like gang rehabilitation to slow the spread and invest in state-of-the-art spaces, such as tattoo removal facilities or regulated fight clubs, to allow prisoners to vent their aggression. Employees must be kept under surveillance as corrupt wardens may try to smuggle in contraband or take bribes from gang leaders. Prison managers can filter out these black sheep during the hiring process and recruit investigators to identify corrupt guards.
“Gangs presents prison guards with a variety of creative challenges to overcome. While it sounds complicated, the expansion keeps the game fresh and interesting for both new players and those who have had a lot of playthroughs,” said Gaz Wright, game director of Prison Architect at Double eleven. “The rehabilitation options were implemented to give wardens an authentic way to manage their prison population. Gangs expands on Prison Architect's management gameplay and adds rich new mechanics that offer players a richer and more enjoyable gaming experience."
Prison Architect: Gang's Key Features:
- Meet the gang: Gangs form and grow by absorbing or recruiting gang members. Each gang has its own personality and traits, and are naturally drawn to inmates with the same specific attributes.
- Boiling point: The "temperature" of the inmates and the prison are measurable. As gangs grow and begin to flex their powers, the prison's "danger temperature" rises. Thanks to the "Boiling Point" UI, players get a detailed overview of what is affecting the lives of their inmates. This allows them to act quickly, keep inmates happy, and prevent uncontrollable riots.
- Reform and Release: Gang members are allowed to leave their gang. It is helpful here to remove the tattoos and involve them in a gang rehabilitation program.
- New rooms: Tattoo removal room is for removing gang tattoos. In the martial arts room, gang members train and turn their destructive energy into fights in a controlled environment.
- Corrupt Guards: Gangs can force guards to smuggle goods or accept bribes. This can already be checked during the recruitment process (bureaucracy). Investigators can also be hired to find out which guards are on the wrong side.
In addition to the expansion Gangs will also be the free update Kite be available for all players. This update brings further improvements to Prison Architect. Among other things, more wardens, guard dogs, room sizes and much more. Kite also introduces prison capacity options, allowing players to fill specific levels of the facility. The update also features various improvements to the menus and game mechanics.
|Prison Architect *||24,89 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 9.03.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API