In addition to a new game-ready driver and ten new games with DLSS support, Nvidia has also released several updates for its in-house scaling technologies, including DLSS 2.3, which is supported at the start of 15 video games.
The updates not only include the new DLSS version 2.3, which is already supported by over 15 games (including patches for Cyberpunk 2077, Doom Eternal and others), but also an upgrade of the NVIDIA image scaling algorithm that works with all of them Play works.
Nvidia: “ICAT” is a new analysis tool
In addition, Nvidia has released a new tool called ICAT. This practical program allows anyone to easily carry out image quality analyzes and compare the results.
NVIDIA DLSS Now offers the ultimate picture quality and performance in 130+ games and applications. Thanks to regular updates, DLSS is constantly evolving, as the new version DLSS 2.3 SDK impressively proves. DLSS 2.3 uses motion vectors even more intelligently and thus manages to represent moving objects better, reduce ghosting and improve stability.
A number of games already benefit from these features, including:
- Bright Memory: Infinite
- Cyberpunk 2077 (DLSS 2.3 support from November 16)
- Crysis 2 remastered
- Crysis 3 remastered
- DOOM Eternal
- Farming Simulator 22 (launched on November 22nd with DLSS 2.3 support)
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition
- Grand Theft Auto 3 Definitive Edition
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City Definitive Edition
- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Definitive Edition
- Jurassic world evolution 2
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
- Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Sword & Fairy 7
DLSS is an AI-based super-resolution technology that manages to increase the frame rate while offering a quality comparable to native resolutions.
Spatial upscaling for all games
For more than two years, Nvidia has offered a driver-based "spatial" upscaler called Nvidia Image Scaling in the Nvidia control panel. Nvidia Image Scaling enables sharper images and upscaling for ALL games without developers having to actively integrate this technology. With the new Game Ready driver in November, Nvidia is introducing updates to the scaling and sharpness algorithm and making it more accessible via GeForce Experience.
The new algorithm uses a 6-tap filter with 4 directional scaling and adaptive sharpening filters to improve performance. He sharpens the image and scales it in a single pass. The feature is accessible via both the Nvidia Control Panel and GeForce Experience and includes a setting for sharpening per game that can be set via the in-game overlay of GeForce Experience. With the Nvidia image scaling algorithm, Nvidia also publishes an open source SDK that offers first-class spatial scaling and sharpening and works on all GPUs and platforms. The SDK is publicly available on GitHub starting today and can be integrated into their games by all developers.
DLSS in November for ten new games
The spread of Nvidia DLSS is growing rapidly, accelerated by user-friendly Unreal Engine plugins and native support in Unity. A total of ten new games will be equipped with DLSS in November, including:
- Assetto Corsa Competizione will soon be equipped with DLSS, which will double the performance.
- AWAY: The Survival adds DLSS on November 17th. DLSS increases the performance by up to 2x.
- Battlefield 2042 is now available with DLSS, Raytracing, and NVIDIA Reflex. DLSS increases the performance by up to 2x.
- Bright Memory: Infinite is available now with DLSS, Raytracing and NVIDIA Reflex. DLSS increases the performance by up to 2,5x.
- Elder Scrolls Online is available now with DLSS and DLAA. DLSS increases performance by up to 50%.
- Farming Simulator 22 comes out on November 22nd with DLSS and DLAA. DLSS increases the performance by up to 2x.
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition is available now with DLSS and offers a performance increase of up to 85%.
- Hot Wheels Unleashed is now available with DLSS and offers a performance increase of up to 50%.
- Jurassic World Evolution 2 is available now with DLSS and offers a performance increase of up to 60%.
- Myth of Empires hits the market on November 18th with ray tracing and DLSS. DLSS increases the performance by up to 1,5x.
Image quality analysis made easy
Nvidia is also releasing a new picture quality comparison and analysis tool called ICAT, which makes A / B image quality comparisons of game screenshots and videos faster and easier.
Nvidia ICAT allows you to easily compare up to four screenshots or videos with sliders, side-by-side comparisons and pixel peeping zoom-ins. Players can align comparisons in space and time, check differences and draw their conclusions.
|Nintendo Switch (OLED model) White + Metroid Dread [Nintendo ... *||372,96 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 25.09.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API