Publisher Kalypso Media and the Australian developer Torus Games have announced a new tennis simulation with “Matchpoint – Tennis Championships”. The sports game is scheduled for release in spring 2022 for PC and consoles.
Tennis is a much-discussed sport these days, and now Kalypso Media is also getting involved and is announcing a “brand new, authentic and immersive” tennis simulation with Matchpoint – Tennis Championships. The sports game was developed by Torus Games from Australia, the country in which the Australian Open - often even with Novak Đoković - take place.
Tennis with virtual world ranking players
The right tactics, the position on the ball and the physics of the ball are a central part of the gameplay of Matchpoint - Tennis Championships. Sophisticated character animations and authentic ball behavior with sensible player controls are combined into a realistic game rhythm in which every swing of the racket counts.
As a modern tennis game, Matchpoint - Tennis Championships promises a dynamic and immersive gaming experience with an extensive career mode and a unique rivalry system. At the release, 16 well-known licensed players will be represented in Matchpoint - Tennis Championships - in addition to the current number 2 in the world rankings Daniil Medvedev - also other top ten world rankings players such as Garbiñe Muguruza, Andrey Rublev, Casper Ruud or Hubert Hurkaczs as well as the top players Nick Kyrgios, Benoît Paire, Heather Watson, Hugo Gaston, Madison Keys, Victoria Azarenka, Carlos Alcaraz and Pablo Carreño Busta.
The integration of sports and fashion manufacturers such as Uniqlo, Nike and Head, both on the tennis courts available in the game and in the equipment of the players, is intended to ensure an authentic atmosphere at Matchpoint - Tennis Championships.
Some features of Matchpoint – Tennis Championships
- Career start in single player or online multiplayer: Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features an in-depth career mode with a unique performance-based ranking system and competitive matchmaking.
- Comprehensive character editor: Players can customize their own tennis star's appearance, tennis outfit and playing style (e.g. left-handed or right-handed, single-handed or double-sided backhand).
- Dominance on the pitch: Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 international tennis stars from the professional tournament scene such as Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori and Amanda Anisimova.
- Individual customization options of the equipment: Whether rackets, shoes or clothing, Matchpoint - Tennis Championships offers a large selection of well-known tennis brands such as Uniqlo, Head and many more. Additionally, unique gear can be unlocked by winning competitions and tournaments.
- Mastering all types of punches and punching techniques: Top spin, flat, lob or slice shots - your tactical decision determines the outcome of the rally.
- Local or Online Matches: Players can expect challenging AI opponents and exciting tennis duels against their friends and rivals
- Analysis of opponents: Every match is unique – the opponent's weaknesses must be exploited and strengths avoided in order to gain a tactical advantage.
- coaching system: Regardless of whether you want to develop strengths or eliminate weaknesses, each of the available tennis coaches places a special focus on specific skills and improves them through selected training modules.
- Your own style: In practice mode and various mini-games, players can practice Serve & Volley, Baseliner, Serve, Volleys, Crosses & Drives, Longline & Cross and many more common tennis tactics.
- Exhibition matches at world-renowned venues: No two tennis courts are the same- adapting to the characteristics of the different court surfaces such as grass, clay and hard courts are a must
- Capturing match highlights: Whether breakball or the decisive point in a match, the hardest rallies can be captured on camera.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will be released in spring 2022 for PlayStation 4|5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC and Nintendo Switch. The announcement trailer provides a first insight into the tennis simulation, which focuses on a realistic implementation of tennis:
|Match Ball - The exciting tennis card game for young and old *||14,95 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 5.10.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API