2K today announced new details and features for NBA 2K23's Jordan Challenge mode. The game mode returns for the first time in over a decade and features 15 playable moments from Michael Jordan's legendary career.
The mode lets players relive the legacy from early days as a college sensation to game winner at the 1998 NBA Finals.
The Legacy of Michael Jordan
“The Jordan Challenge is an immersive experience unlike anything NBA 2K fans have experienced before. 2K11's challenges have been rebuilt from the ground up, with five new moments," said Erick Boenisch, VP of NBA Development at 2K and Visual Concepts. “Our team really considered everything when developing this game mode. The arenas, players, outfits, broadcasts and playstyle of the era have all been taken into account to offer fans a truly authentic playable experience set in the 1980s.”
The Jordan Challenge introduces iconic NBA moments and in-game innovations including:
- The tangible recreation of a bygone era, from the 1982 NCAA National Championship to the 1998 NBA Finals. Each challenge includes a pre-game interview with a luminary who played a part in making this game special;
- A full presentation package, including a specially designed video filter system, that recreates the TV experience of these games as originally broadcast during the 1980s and 1990s to create the look, feel and sound players* return inside to the game at that time;
- Major gameplay changes befitting the era, such as a greater emphasis on post and mid-range play for a 1980s feel, along with tighter transition lanes and more players going to the basket for numerical superiority versus spot-ups with three players in today's NBA;
- More physical modeling on the ground and markings, plus new signature style upgrades for classic greats like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, with brand new jump shot, layup and dunk packages;
- Hand checks and hard body ups add a different feel to the 1v1 matches with precisely illustrated rules that reflect the basketball era of the 1990s, like the Detroit Pistons “Bad Boys” with their famous “Jordan Rules” and more.
All information about the 'Jordan Challenge' can be found in the latest Courtside report. In the coming weeks, we'll be delving even deeper and unveiling even more new features in NBA 2K23.
NBA 2K23 is slated for release on September 9th for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
|Elite Dangerous - Legendary Edition - [PlayStation 4] *||30,43 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 26.01.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API