2K has revealed details of Season 7 of NBA 2K22, which kicks off Friday, May 20 ahead of the NBA Finals. NBA 2K and SoundCloud add ten new songs to the soundtrack from the first batch of 2K Beats: The Search contest winners.
Season 7: 'Return of Heroes' builds on last year's most popular season and once again welcomes both well-known greats and a new generation of superstars centered around MVP candidate and this year's scoring champion, Joel Embiid. This Season also brings a brand new TKO event to the City and Cancha Del Mar, where you can play for awesome new rewards, complete adventurous quests, and show off your leadership skills.
New quests, new courts
For the first time, the main athlete in NBA 2K22 Season 7 is the 76ers star Joel Embiid. There are also exciting updates to MyCAREER, MyTEAM and The W Online modes. Season 7 features 10 new songs from the winners of the 2K Beats: The Search competition, held in partnership with SoundCloud. Here is an overview of the most important innovations:
- In MyCAREER, players can look forward to exciting new quests, brand new Heroic Courts, team spirit NBA rewards, and a Level 40 Jetpack. There is also an NBA Mascot Reward and a new PowerUp on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. On PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, rewards include a random NBA mascot outfit, a new TKO event, and more. There is a variety of event rewards including skill boosts, boxer shorts, boxing gloves and 10.000 VC;
- MyTEAM includes playoff agendas, re-enactments of moments from major playoff performances, a level 40 Anthony Edwards, and hand-drawn hero cards featuring current players and legends. Murals also return, with Hero Galaxy Opal Zion Williamson as a level 1 reward and Invincible Joel Embiid as a reward for completing the Challenger Mural collection. Last but not least, MyTEAM also gets a Season Rewind Domination tier where you can compete against the best MyTEAM versions of the current NBA roster for MyTEAM points, tokens, Hall of Fame Badges, and for 99 Stars to win an Invincible Tim Hardaway;
- The W* brings fans two former college teammates and WNBA legends Tamika Catchings and Chamique Holdsclaw as Hall of Fame level rewards. Other rewards include a Takeover Perk Picker, 2K Breakthrough Gear, an Extra Badge Point, 4.000 Total VC, a Seasonal Apparel Bundle, and a Tattoo;
- 2K Beats: The Search, the annual international competition of NBA 2K for aspiring musicians, has teamed up with SoundCloud this year and has 20 winners for the NBA 2K22-Soundtrack selected. The first ten tracks for Season 7 can be found on SoundCloud be heard.
NBA 2K22 is available worldwide for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC available.
* = affiliate link. If you purchase via one of the links, we receive a portion of the purchase price as a commission. There are no additional costs for you, but you can support our portal by doing so. Last updated on September 3.10.2023, XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. Images from Amazon PA API.