Since September 6th, hunting has been going on on Xbox One and Playstation 4. Monster Hunter World: Iceborn for PC will not be released until the beginning of 2020. So that fans don't get bored on their hunts, Capcom has the first free update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborn released. In addition to many detailed improvements, it also includes an expansion of the endgame, including battles against the mighty Rajang and a completely new area: the Leitlande. The Monster Hunter World: Iceborn update is available now for console gamers.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborn with free mega update
The focus of the new update for Monster Hunter World: Iceborn are powerful monsters, the Rajang, which should present experienced hunters with challenging tests. Capcom describes the Rajang as "hyper-aggressive beasts" - that sounds promising and indeed makes for an exciting hunt. The highlight is the attack mode of the monsters: the angrier the Rajang, the more damage they deal. Above all, hunters should avoid their deadly arm swings.
Because every tough hunt should be rewarded accordingly, Capcom has implemented new rewards. Those who can successfully hunt down the Rajang will receive loot which, among other things, can be used to forge new, golden-black armor with high attack value improvements.
On top of that. Capcom is adding further endgame content to the Monster Hunter experience. The first update too Monster Hunter World: Iceborne therefore contains a completely new endgame area: the Leitlande. This endgame area opens different biomes with environments that are based on the locations from the main game, but offer more challenges, monsters and rewards. Players who scouted and defeated the monsters in the Guiding Lands raise the region level of the areas. This increases the level of difficulty and the quality of the prey at the same time. Materials from the quests can be used to customize the function and appearance of weapons. Some monsters like the Zinogre also only appear in the new area when a certain level has been reached. That should ensure sufficient employment, at least in the medium term.
The new volcanic biome in the Guiding Lands, which players can enter after accepting the quest for the Rajang, is probably particularly interesting. At this point, part of the thematic circle of the current update closes. In addition to the Rajang, more experienced hunters can face new hardened monsters - the hardened golden rathian and the hardened silver rathalos.
As an additional incentive to take on these demanding battles, materials from the Guiding Lands can also be used to forge multi-layered armor and thus retain the aesthetics of items already acquired from Monster Hunter: World.
Capcom said it has made further adjustments based on community feedback. This certainly includes optimizing the players' home. The update adds the ability to visit other players' rooms. This allows hunters to find out how their fellow soldiers are set up. Additional, but chargeable, downloadable content enables guests to make their own room even more inviting.
The future of Monster Hunter World: Iceborn
The first title update marks the beginning of plans for Monster Hunter World: Iceborn. Capcom has announced that it will deliver more free content. The next one is already in November when two franchises meet: Resident Evil 2 icons Leon, Claire and the Tyrant enter the world of Monster Hunter. In addition, special challenges for the winners of the weapons and Palico equipment competition are added. PlayStation 4 players can look forward to the first round of the exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds cooperation, with which a light bow rifle based on Aloy's storm sling can be forged.
[atkp_product id = '8322 ′ template =' secondwide '] [/ atkp_product]
The contents for December are also known: A new monster awaits players and the return of the seasonal festivals celebrated in Astera and Seliana in Monster Hunter.
In addition, the second round of the Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds cooperation comes for PS4 players - including new crating content. There are also quests with which Aloy's bow and Felyne equipment can be improved.
The patch notes for the Iceborn update
- A new monster has been added.
- A cutscene has been added that unlocks the Guiding Lands volcanic biome.
- Weapon augmentation and enhancement have been expanded.
- New weapon trees, armor, and skills have been added.
- You can now make your room in Seliana accessible to other players.
To do this, open the start menu and select "Communication" and then "Your Room" - or talk to the housekeeper in your room in Seliana and then select the room status menu item.
- Room-exclusive chat (Seliana) has been added.
- Phonograph to change the music in your room in Seliana has been added.
- New furnishing elements that you can interact with have been added to your room in Seliana.
- New rewards for the Purr Squad Safari in the Guiding Lands.
- The hunting group cards could now be customized in an even more complex way.
- The number of decorative armor has been increased.
- The monster appearance rate in the Guiding Lands has been adjusted.
- Monsters that are lured out in the Guiding Lands are automatically tracked by the scout beetles.
- Target monsters in the Guiding Lands now appear in the log.
- If a monster is lured out in the Guiding Lands, monsters already present do not disappear so easily ...
- Kinsects can now be added to the wish list.
- The visitor setting for your room in Seliana has been added to the meeting venue welcome message.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the day's skills from updating when a coupon or gourmet coupon is used.
- Fixed a bug with the "Float on a leaf" requirement in The Leafboat observation request, where the request was not considered fulfilled in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Wyvern Eye of the Heavy Bow Rifle and Wyvern Blast Counter of the Light Bow Rifle to be blocked by Velkhana's Ice Wall when standing on them.
- Fixed a bug that caused hunting party join requests to be automatically accepted in certain situations, even though the settings were set to "Manual".
- Fixed a bug that caused unnecessary effects to be triggered in certain areas of the Guiding Lands.
- The routes of the troop rides have been adjusted so that they do not get stuck in certain areas.
- Fixed a bug where the ice art display would be depleted but the corresponding effect would not trigger additional hits from the Elan Helmetbreaker of the Long Sword and the performance attacks of the Hunting Horn.
- Fixed an issue with the Uragaan Longsword Conversion that listed Hardened Blastscale as a required material instead of Hardened Shield.
- The brightness of the screen has been adjusted when lightning capsules and lightning flies are deployed.
- Small adjustments and bug fixes were also made.
- All adjustments of the current version 11.01 are there here
We publish the latest news from the areas of board and card games, literature and film, toys, video games and events. Send us an email with your press release.
We are always looking for reinforcements for our editorial team: game testers, news authors, gaming experts, bookworms, film and series fans. Would you like to participate? then > here < click and apply.