The world is diverse - and so are Barbie dolls. The Barbie Fashionistas line celebrates diversity and inspires exciting stories with Barbie and Ken. Now Barbie introduces the newest members of the colorful Fashionistas family, including for the first time a Barbie with a behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aid, Ken with Vitiligo and a doll with a prosthetic leg.
Barbie Fashionistas dolls offer a variety of skin tones, eye colors, hair colors and textures, body types and styles. This variety on offer is designed to help children find a doll they can identify with. Since 2015, Barbie has introduced more than 175 different looks, including dolls with physical disabilities, such as a Barbie in a wheelchair.
Mattel: In 2021, eight of the ten most popular dolls will be diverse
The dolls represent more skin tones, hair colors and textures, and greater physical diversity - for example, tall, petite, curvaceous, a less pronounced waist, or more defined arms. Ken is also available in different body measurements and with different eye colors and hairstyles. In 2021, eight out of the ten most popular dolls in the world were diverse.
Barbie with a behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aid:
- This is the first Barbie doll to be fitted with a behind-the-ear hearing aid, expanding the Fashionistas line to include people with disabilities, such as those with disabilities. B. hearing loss, to be considered.
- In addition, this year's Fashionistas range includes new dolls with different body types and a doll with a prosthetic leg.
Ken with Vitiligo:
- For 2020, we added a vitiligo doll to our Fashionistas line to inspire kids to create even more stories about what they see in the world around them. She was one of the top five best-selling fashionistas in America that year. Now Barbie gets a friend with vitiligo in Ken.
- In addition, new Ken variants with a very slim physique and new hair structures are introduced.
dr Jen Richardson, a leading expert in the field of educational audiology, adds, "I am honored to work with Barbie to create an accurate replica of a doll wearing a behind-the-ear hearing aid. As an educational audiologist with more than 18 years of experience advocating hearing loss, it is very inspiring to me that there is a puppet who is managing her life with a hearing loss. I am so happy that my young patients can see and play with a doll that looks like them.”
“With over 175 different looks, the Barbie Fashionistas line is currently the most diverse line of dolls in the world. We're incredibly proud to help children discover different versions of beauty and fashion - reflected in dolls that look just like themselves. But what is almost more important: in dolls that look completely different from themselves,” says Anne Polsak, Head of Corporate Communications Mattel Germany.
|Barbie Fashionistas Doll #166 with Wheelchair & Crimped... *||32,70 EUR||Buy|
* = affiliate link. If you purchase via one of the links, we receive a portion of the purchase price as a commission. There are no additional costs for you, but you can support our portal by doing so. Last updated on September 1.12.2023, XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. Images from Amazon PA API.