Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Torus Games today announce exciting news for the upcoming tennis simulation game Matchpoint - Tennis Championships. Just in time for the release, tennis icons Tim Henman and Tommy Haas will expand the ranks of licensed players in the brand new Legends Edition.
As an extension of the authentic tennis title, Matchpoint - Tennis Championships: Legends Edition will put even the most talented tennis players to the test by putting them to the court with some true tennis icons. In addition to Tim Henman and Tommy Haas, the Legends Edition also includes a digital wallpaper and the original soundtrack. The Legends Edition will be available both retail and as digital DLC.
Tennis with stars of ball sports
The upcoming tennis simulator offers an immersive gaming experience with realistic ball physics, polished character animations and unprecedented player control. Players learn what it takes to become a true tennis legend. It doesn't matter whether they compete against friends or compete in the game's deep career mode with a performance-based ranking system.
- The entry into the world of professional tennis: Matchpoint – Tennis Championships offers an extensive career mode with a unique performance-based ranking system.
- Create your own 3D tennis star: Players can customize their own tennis star's appearance, tennis outfit and playing style (e.g. left-handed or right-handed, single-handed or double-sided backhand).
- Dominance on court as tennis pros: Matchpoint – Tennis Championships features 16 international tennis stars from the professional tournament scene such as Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori and Amanda Anisimova.
- Individual customization options for equipment and clothing: Whether rackets, shoes or clothing, Matchpoint - Tennis Championships offers a large selection of well-known tennis brands such as Babolat, YONAX, HEAD and many more. Additionally, unique gear can be unlocked by winning competitive matches.
- Mastering all types of punches and punching techniques: Top spin, flat, lob or slice shots - your tactical decision determines the outcome of the rally.
- Local or Online Matches: Players can expect challenging AI opponents and exciting tennis duels against their friends and rivals
- Analysis of opponent's moves and tactics: Players can watch their opponents closely in advance to see their strengths and weaknesses and gain a tactical advantage.
- The innovative coaching system: Regardless of whether you want to develop strengths or eliminate weaknesses, each of the available tennis coaches places a special focus on specific skills and improves them through selected training modules.
- Perfect your own tactics in practice mode and in mini-games: In practice mode and various mini-games, players can practice Serve & Volley, Baseliner, Serve, Volleys, Crosses & Drives, Longline & Cross and many more common tennis tactics.
- Exhibition matches at world-renowned venues around the globe: No two tennis courts are the same - adapting to the characteristics of the different court surfaces such as grass, clay and hard courts are a must
- Capture match highlights forever: Whether breakball or the decisive point in a match, the hardest rallies can be captured on camera.
Matchpoint – Tennis Championships will be released on July 7, 2022 from day 1 for console, PC and cloud with Xbox Game Pass as well as for PlayStation 4|5 and Windows PC. Matchpoint – Tennis Championships can be pre-ordered now and only for a limited time with a discount of 10 percent in the Kalypso, Microsoft and Sony stores.
Last updated on 27.09.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API