At the beginning of this year's "Pride Month", Microsoft is committed to more equality for LGBTQIA+ communities and positive social changes. The Redmond-based company is therefore donating USD 150.000 to LGBTQIA+ non-profit organizations and establishing an extensive supporting program to highlight the voices of the LGBTQIA+ community in gaming.
Microsoft is also announcing Pride Month on Xbox and initiating campaigns to inform gamers about the LGBTQIA + communities, play games, express support and much more.
More free content for Monster Hunter Rise
According to Xbox in the Germany, Austria and Switzerland region, gaming is a big topic for many in the LGBTQIA+ community. That's why it's important that "we celebrate all the people who share this passion". Xbox strives to create a safe and inclusive gaming space for all members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We want to offer content that represents all gamers today. "Microsoft will continue to do its part to ensure that everyone can play as their authentic self and feel represented in the entire industry," the company said.
This does not always succeed in the gaming community, where bullying, discrimination and everyday racism keep coming to the surface. All the more important are action phases such as the so-called Pride Month, which is intended to draw attention to the social issue and raise awareness of equality. There will therefore be various actions for community members to create visibility - and to set standards:
- Pride Gear: The Xbox Gear Store Celebrate Pride Month with new PRIDE collections from Xbox, Halo, and more.
- Tell Me Why: free on Xbox consoles in June, im Microsoft Store and in Steam.
- Forza Franchise: The new Forza Rainbow look for the 2017 Ford Focus RS is available for free in Forza Horizon 4 and Forza Motorsport 7.
- Unity nameplates: Equip your profile with special name plates in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Gears 5: Join Microsoft and The Coalition this month and support a nonprofit of your choice through the MS Rewards program.
- Pride show: Decorate your Xbox profile with new designs.
- Microsoft donates $ 150.000: The donation supports non-profit institutions such as ACLU Foundation, The Trevor Project, Act to change, OutRight Action International, BEAM and Mermaids.
- Curated content: Discover games, films, and TV shows curated by LGBTQIA + communities at Microsoft.
- Xbox Ambassadors Celebrate Pride: In celebration of Pride Month tell thosewho feel part of the LGBTQIA + community, which games impress them most.
- Xbox Celebrates LGBTQIA + Communities on Twitch:
- Week of June 1st: LGBTQIA + game developers
- Week of June 7th: LGBTQIA + takeover from streamers from the community
- Week of June 14: LGBTQIA + protagonists from games
- Week of June 21: Nominees for the GLAAD and Gayming Awards
- Week of June 28th: LGBTQIA + Playable Characters
- Major Nelson: an episode of the official Xbox podcast on Pride and the Safety of LGBTQIA + Players, which will be published at the end of June.
Last updated on 26.01.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API