Every month the Federal Association of the German Games Industry, or game for short, awards its sales awards for the best-selling video games.
Platinum for Pokémon, among other things
Battlefield V, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! have received a “game Sales Award” in platinum from game eV. This award is given to all titles that have sold more than 200.000 times within a month.
The two racing games F1 2018 and Forza Horizon 4 each received the “game Sales Award” in gold, meaning that they were sold at least 100.000 times.
In December 2018, a game sales award in platinum goes to:
- Battlefield V (EA Dice / Electronic Arts) was released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC platforms
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! (Game Freak / Nintendo) released for Nintendo Switch
- Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! (Game Freak / Nintendo) released for Nintendo Switch
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Toys for Bob / Activision) was released for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo / Nintendo) released for Nintendo Switch
A game Sales Award in gold goes to:
- F1 2018 (Codemasters / Codemasters) was released for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC platforms
- Forza Horizon 4 (Playground Games / Microsoft Studios) was released for the Xbox One and PC platforms
With the “game Sales Award” the game - Association of the German Games Industry honors high-selling video games in Germany. The basis for the award is the current sales figures from the market research company GfK Entertainment.
Titles of which more than 100.000, 200.000 or 500.000 copies were sold across platforms receive the game Sales Award in gold, platinum or the special price.
In order for sales to be considered for the game Sales Award, the average sales price of the title must not deviate more than 20 percent from the recommended retail price at the time of publication. The sales volumes shown contain platform-specific extrapolation factors for total market coverage and for taking digital sales into account. It is up to the game to determine these factors in cooperation with GfK Entertainment.
In addition, providers of computer and video games can show their cumulative digital sales to the game up to the eighth day of the current month and broken down by platform firstname.lastname@example.org Report. The game undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of the reported quantities, checks them and takes them into account when determining the relevant sales quantities.
We publish the latest news from the areas of board and card games, toys, video games and events. Send us an email with your press release.