The effort of CD Projekt Red has already been rewarded: As the publisher announced in an investor announcement, Cyberpunk 2077 is already profitable. The action role-playing game with roots in the pen-and-paper genre has already replaced World of Warcraft: Shadowlands as the fastest-selling PC game of all time. The eighth WoW expansion went over the counter around 3.7 million times on the launch day, Cyberpunk 2077 more than eight million times, and the PC version accounted for almost 4.7 million sales.
The record sales figure is not surprising. CD Projekt Red with Cyberpunk 2077 was omnipresent on the Internet and at events well before the launch, while development was still ongoing. The commitment is already reflected in the pre-orders: the action role-playing game was sold around 8 million times as a pre-order over the counter, almost three quarters of the sales were in digital versions. Cyberpunk 2077 has brought in its costs like a Investor announcement from CD Projekt Red emerges.
Cyberpunk 2077: One million players at its peak on Steam
After years of development, this is already a considerable success - which was preprogrammed in its own way. Cyberpunk 2077 was largely sold through digital distribution channels, which indicates that many players reserved their version as a pre-order long before it was released. A few months ago CD Projekt Red had already confirmed that one very satisfied with the number of pre-orders may be. The sales success was announced months ago, now the first figures confirm what was previously suspected.
Cyberpunk 2077 is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia. However, everything is far from running smoothly with the game. The PC version is a real feast for the eyes the role-playing game on consoles to struggle with problems. In any case, the PC is a workhorse for the role-playing game: On Steam, around a million fans were active at the same time and in Night City.
The developers are now working on further patches. CD Projekt Red recently released version 1.04 for PC and Playstation 4, and the update is now also available for Xbox. According to the change log on Cyberpunk.net, the hotfix includes the following improvements:
- Fixed a bug in the quest: Freedom of the press that prevented the quest from being completed.
- Fixed a bug at the end of Life During Wartime where a conversation with Johnny could not be started.
- Fixed a rare issue where NPCs would stop calling V if A Like Supreme is canceled during the quest.
- A bug with Nix has been fixed where it was no longer reset to its standard status in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when leaving the quest area during I Fought The Law.
- Fixed a bug where Delamain could not be found in Epistrophy.
- Fixed a bug that occurred in the second phase of the quest when playing the battle in Pacifica with Ozob after the finale.
- Fixed the issue where nomads were no longer present in With a Little Help from My Friends / Queen of the Highway when V left the quest area during a battle.
- Map markings and quest tracking during M'ap Tann Pèlen / I Walk the Line / Transmission have been corrected.
- Movement restrictions during Violence that occurred if none of the necessary conditions were met have been resolved.
- Fixed time and space issues that occurred when leaving the quest area during Following the River.
- Fixed the issue where a conversation with Johnny in Tapeworm would not start after leaving the hotel.
- Fixed the issue where quest progress in Following the River would be blocked if you exit the quest area before climbing the hill.
- Fixed the issue where a quest condition would not be met if the room was entered too quickly in Automatic Love.
- Fixed issues in The Ripperdoc that prevented Jackie from sitting still.
- Other bug fixes with quests
- The preview during weapon crafting has been corrected.
- Sudden vehicle appearances have been reduced.
- Switching between first-person and third-person perspectives in vehicles is now faster.
- Fixed bugs where animations of key quest NPCs were missing during cinematic sequences.
Performance & stability
- The stability of the game has been improved, including various crash reasons.
- The strongly flashing effect in braindance has been revised to reduce the risk of epileptic seizures. The effect has been made softer and decreased in both frequency and strength.
- Removed copyrighted songs that were incorrectly continuing to play when using the "Turn off copyrighted music" option.
- Setting the language to "Default" in the game settings now correctly sets the game language to the selected Steam client language.
- The quality of reflections on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 has been improved to remove the sometimes dirty effects.
- Fixed the issue where the achievement "The Wasteland" would get stuck at 97% after completing all relevant missions in the Badlands on Xbox.
The next-gen or current-gen versions for Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X will follow, but currently have no specific release date. The coming year is targeted.
|CYBERPUNK 2077 - DAY 1 Edition - [PlayStation 4] + Cyberpunk 2077 ... *||49,98 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 25.05.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API