New board games on Kickstarter are also going live this week for crowdfunding success. Finally, there are also several notable titles with which authors and publishers vie for the attention and money of fans. Not only does "Ares Expedition" from the Terraforming Mars series start, but also a new Z offshoot of CMON with Zombicide: Undead or Alive. All in all, there are several board games that the community will probably keep an eye on this week in February.
With Tharos, Spielworxx is also involved in February when it comes to collecting funds for the implementation of the projects via crowdfunding. Still, the most anticipated board game is probably the spin-off from Terraforming Mars. The template is still considered a long-runner and is regularly on the tables of players - thanks in part to extensions.
SPOTLIGHT: Terraforming Mars: Ares Expedition
With Terraforming Mars: Ares Expedition, the basic idea of Mars colonization goes into the next round. The new offshoot is a stand-alone game, so it can be played without having to own or have played Terraforming Mars. With the engine builder, Stronghold Games also wants to address one of the biggest criticisms of the original: The largely boring presentation.
Terraforming Mars: Ares Expedition includes over 200 illustrated maps. The course of the card game should also be fast - and thus not only appeal to fans, but also open up a completely new target group. Nevertheless, the card game variant should be recognizable for those fans who already know Terraforming Mars.
On their game boards, players terraform the red planet with the help of the project cards. Different types of cards, including event cards that have a direct impact on the game, need to be arranged as cleverly as possible. With another card type, players determine the order of the phases, initially face down. Only then is the order determined. The actual combination chain is carried out by players in parallel, so that the overall downtime should be low. An additional bonus on the phase cards provides further strategic tricks. It's always about making the best possible decision per lap. Ultimately, the aim is to optimize temperature, oxygen content and water supply in order to make Mars habitable. Overall, Terraforming Mars-Ares Expedition takes place on several game boards or player boards.
THESE KICKSTARTER BOARD GAMES START IN THE CALENDAR WEEK:
- Stroganov from Game Brewer: from February 15st
- Bloodstone from Druid City Games: from February 15st
- Terraforming Mars: Ares Expedition from Stronghold Games: from February 16st
- Lawklivya: Vengeance From Filtered Reality Entertainment: from February 16st
- City of Crowns from Garphill Games: from February 16st
- Factory floor From Space Duck Games: from February 16st
- Auction Web self-published: from February 16
- Beasts of Balance Rebirth from Modern Games: from February 16st
- Mouse Cheese Cat Cucumber from Fight in a Box: from February 16st
- Vault Wars: Relic Roadshow by Floodgate Games: starting February 16
- Silicon Saga: Wreck of the Andromeda by Rusted Gear Games: Starting February 16
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns by Cryptozoic Entertainment: from February 16st
- Zombicide: Undead or Alive from CMON: from February 17st
- Block and key From Inside Up Games: from February 17st
- Tharos by Spielworxx: from February 19th
Source: Kickstarter / Kicktraq