New week, new Kickstarter: publishers and authors are again luring with their ideas for board games to compete for the favor and money of the fans on the crowdfunding platform. Among other things, the cooperative miniature board game Primal: The Awakening by the authors Tommaso Mondadori and Alberto Parisi, for which the publisher Reggie Games wants to raise funds through “crowd financing”, is included. The tactical game with the oversized monster figures is striking, as is the Viking hex field board game The Runelords Board Game.
The central weekday for the launch of Kickstarter campaigns is regularly Tuesday. In the third calendar week, the publishers slowly pick up speed with their projects. Further highlights are emerging, for example the strategic board game The Runelords Board Game, in which a Viking setting is combined with hex fields and skirmish battles. Also noticeable - besides Prima-The Awakening - is the cooperative tactical game Fallen Knight.
SPOTLIGHT: Fallen Knight
The cooperative dungeon crawler board game Fallen Knight not only relies on mechanisms, but also on a striking visual design. With a mixture of dark fantasy and horror, publisher Gansukh Bayansan and designer Tulga want to kidnap up to four players into a dark world in which fights and lottery play a role, but memories also play a role. The board game can optionally also be tackled in a solo mode.
The gameplay should be tactical, with skill-based battles and dungeon explorations. Different classes with individual skills are available to players. The choice of class should have a direct effect on the game variance.
The real highlight of the board game is the link with a comic. In the “Memory Book” the background stories to the characters are presented - according to the designers in an uncensored “18+” format.
In a purely playful way, the basic idea is classic and based on what you know from dungeon crawlers: You go into battle against monsters, exploiting their weak points to win. This is exactly where Fallen Knight's specialty lies. you can match your weapon with a variety of different cards to the respective encounter in order to gain an advantage. Whoever wins collects karma and can thus upgrade skills, which should lead to new synergies developing. The crowdfunding campaign for this board game is scheduled to begin on January 21st on Kickstarter.
THESE KICKSTARTER BOARD GAMES START THIS CALENDAR WEEK:
- Carnegie - Xavier Georges' strategic board game via Quined Games: from January 18st
- Kingdoms of the Deep - Galactic Raptor Games invites you into underwater worlds: from January 18st
- Bunny Party Evan's Games - Board game with cute bunnies: from January 19st
- Scribbletown - New genre representative from the roll-and-write: from January 19st
- The Runelords Board Game - Viking battles on hex fields: away. January 19th
- Primal: The Awakening - Monster Kloppe with Minis: 19. January
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig Collector's Edition - Mad king for collectors: from January 19st
- Fallen knight - Dungeon crawlers with special tricks and a dark fantasy setting: from January 21st
- Maeshowe: Orkneyinga Saga - 30 minutes of Viking madness: from January 21st
Source: Kickstarter / Kicktraq