Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and Munich-based developer Mimimi Games today announced the release date of Aiko's Choice, the long-awaited expansion of the critically acclaimed real-time tactics game Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun.
Starting December 6th, the anniversary of the release of the main game, players will once again be sent to the ancient capital of Japan, Edo. There they accompany the accomplished Kunoichi Aiko and her deadly companions to face the ghosts of their past.
Trailer sets the mood for the release
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice follows one of the main characters from the main game - the Kunoichi adept Aiko. She is a master of camouflage and distracts opponents as a disguised geisha. Aiko thought she had left her old life behind. But her former sensei, the shrewd spy master Lady Chiyo, returns to challenge her. Together with her friends, a deadly group of assassins, she goes on a hunt for the ghosts of her past.
The expansion contains three main missions in completely new environments, as well as three shorter intermediate missions.
As in the main game, players control a team of deadly specialists and sneak past dozens of enemies in the shadows. You have to decide how to infiltrate hidden camps in the forest or living cities from the Edo period. Players lay traps, use poison and distract the enemy - or they bypass the enemy completely. Every move needs to be well thought out. Creative tactics are necessary to make enemies disappear, successfully complete each mission, and understand Aiko's past.
- Return to the wonderful world of Shadow Tactics in early Edo Japan.
- A new adventure with the popular characters as part of the story of the main game "Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun".
- A previously unknown story about the Kunoichi adept Aiko, who has to face a diabolical enemy from her past.
- Three large main missions set in brand new environments plus three shorter intermediate missions.
Expansion with all the features of the main game
- A team of completely different characters with unique skills.
- The actions of the team are coordinated in order to kill the opponents in one fell swoop in "shadow mode".
- Freedom of choice between non-lethal and lethal stealth attacks.
- Dozens of ways to kill or sneak past enemies.
- Three levels of difficulty, for different player levels.
Further information on Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice is available on the official Steam page. The main game is not required for this expansion, but it is recommended that you play the first missions of the main game before Aiko's Choice.
A trailer summarizes the events of the main game and therefore also contains potential spoilers:
|Nintendo Switch (OLED model) White + Metroid Dread [Nintendo ... *||Buy|
Last updated on 3.08.2022/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API