In June, the 2D co-op submarine simulator Barotrauma celebrated its anniversary with 2 million Steam users, this weekend some players are likely to join them: The co-op hit can be played for free from now until Sunday at 22 p.m., whether in single player or with up to 16 players.
Publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developers FakeFish and Undertow Games are inviting Steam users worldwide to play Barotrauma for free from now until October 9th at 22pm GMT. Deep-sea divers and submarine crews should prepare well before exploring the mesmerizing, icy depths of the sea on Jupiter's moon Europa. Barotrauma is currently in Steam Early Access, version 1.0 will be released in spring 2023.
Limited discount on Steam
To top off the offer, Daedalic Entertainment is offering a 20 percent discount on Steam until October 19 at 75 p.m. So if you don't already have Barotrauma in your Steam library, this weekend is your perfect chance to jump in at the deep end.
Barotrauma is a sci-fi inspired 2D co-op submarine simulator with survival horror elements sure to grate on the nerves of even the most experienced captains. In the frozen seas of Jupiter's moon Europa, you'll explore the hostile depths of the mysterious Galilean moon, navigating and repairing a multi-station submarine and fending off the many creatures that inhabit the dangerous waters. Many different submarines are waiting, whether as a single player or online with a crew of up to 16 players.
Hoist the Sails is the last major update before the final release in spring 2023 and brings with it a wide range of new elements and changes. These include performance improvements, an all-new transport submarine, the removal of the Deep Diver class, revamped upgrade systems, the introduction of submarine ranks, new and better weapon classifications, and a flood of Quality-of -Life upgrades.
All the details about Hoist the Sails:
- New vanilla submarine, The Camel: Early Game Transport Submarine.
- Streamlined Submarine Upgrade Systems: Fewer upgrades, more utility, and the introduction of some class-specific upgrades to make each submarine class more distinctive.
- No More Deep Divers: This class offered few benefits other than being necessary for the final levels of the campaign. Therefore, the decision was made to remove them completely. Deep Divers become scouts, and the campaign can be completed with any properly upgraded ship.
- A New Ranking System for Submarines: In addition to the specific classes, submarines are now classified into ranks (I-III) depending on how advanced they are. Ranks depend on the sub's price and can be adjusted in the Sub Editor. Ranks and classes together determine the maximum limit of upgrades per submarine, giving more benefits to purchasing and upgrading existing ships.
- New and bigger guns.
- Tutorial Revamped: A new set of tutorials will be added to the game to make onboarding new players easier. First, there's a basic tutorial that explains the mechanics useful for all roles. After that, nuanced tutorials are available for individual roles.
- Performance and quality of life updates.
Barotrauma is available for Windows PC and MacOS via Steam Early Access.
|Xbox Live - 100 EUR Credit [Xbox Live Online Code] *||100,00 EUR||Buy|
* = affiliate link. If you purchase via one of the links, we receive a portion of the purchase price as a commission. There are no additional costs for you, but you can support our portal by doing so. Last updated on September 6.12.2023, XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. Images from Amazon PA API.